Thursday, November 20, 2014

November 20, 2014

Our group has contacted Southwest Prevention to inform them we are still interested in partnering with them to create literature in the form a pamphlet for parents of adolescents regarding the spike in adolescent marijuana use. We have requested data Southwest Prevention has collected to support the section in our paper that addresses what the problem is to ensure our project matches the need of our community. Our group is dissecting the paper and assigning sections for each group member to work on. Our plans are to meet with Southwest Prevention in the beginning of next semester to brainstorm drafts of the pamphlet and to identify and contact more stakeholders.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds good. As I mentioned in class, you will want to "assess" the problem at the start of spring semester through a focus group, interviews, or a community meeting. It's great that you have established a relationship with Southwest Prevention, and I encourage you to remain in contact with them over the winter break. I would like you, though, to also engage adolescents (if possible) and parents of adolescents in the above "assessment" to determine their feelings around adolescent marijuana use. Do they view it as a problem? How do *they* suggest the best ways to address this problem? A pamphlet may be one way, but they may also have other recommendations for raising awareness. This "assessment" won't be due until spring semester; however, I'd like you to think about your future plan of action. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete